Monday, May 3, 2010

You Can...A Lesson From My Mother

You are beautiful, intelligent, powerful, remarkable, AND deserve to believe in you.
This is one of the tenets behind The Girls. Much of what we do is based on this; from our professional fittings and beautiful product selection to supporting Coverdale Center for women. This tenet thrives deep in the hearts of Ann and I, The Girls.

As I was writing a blog for Mother’s Day I realized that for me, this principle came from my mother. Through every step in my life she has encouraged me. She is my best advocate and believes strongly in what I can do. But it wasn’t mom as my cheerleader that gave me this principle. Rather it’s how she models it in her own life.

My mother is the youngest person I know. She is exuberant, joyful, and an adventurer. She retired at the early age of 47, became a painter, and has written her first novel. All because she believes she can! It’s not an arrogance thing, she believes in her potential and has enough self-esteem and confidence to know she’ll do well; success or fail.

I’m so thankful that I learned this from her. I’m a successful career woman, co-own a fun and demanding business with Ann, journal an online travelogue, am penning my own novel and poetry, create my own art work, trying my hand at making my own clothing, and have become a runner...all because I believe I can.

Ann and I are similar that way. She is a doll maker, co-owns two demanding businesses, sketches, writes, and runs...all because she believes she can.

For Ann, I believe the principle comes from being a mother and wanting to pass this down to her beautiful daughter. There is so much potential in her young hands and imagine how much more she can accomplish, if she believes she can!

Happy Mother’s Day!

We’d love to hear from you, tell us why you or someone you know deserves Mother’s Day pampering. Enter yourself or someone you know for a draw for a Tashodi clutch. Hand-crafted in northern Ontario, this portable clutch made from native Canadian birch is filled with samples size body products by Tashodi. This travel set makes the perfect 'globally conscious & indulgent' gift from their genuinely pure collection.

  • To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating why you or someone you know deserves Mother's Day Pampering
  • Tell us who you are entering for the draw
  • The comment must be left before 12:00 AM on May 9, 2010.
  • You may enter only once.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
  • One winner will receive a Tashodi Fair Trade Pouch.
  • Winner must come to store to receive prize.
  • Sorry but, Family and Friends of employees are not eligible to win.
  • Winner will be posted on the blog and Facebook fan page, so be sure to check and see if you've won!

    Pin It button on image hover